The Tommy and Laura series is a short story series following newly appointed monster hunters Tommy and Laura as they fight monsters at night. The series is planned to be five stories long with an over-arching plotline.
- Tommy and Laura in Midnight at Vampire Castle (The first)
- Tommy and Laura in Sleepover at the Wolfman Lodge (The second)
- Tommy and Laura in Dinner in the Temple of Slime (The third)
- Tommy and Laura in Night in the Mummy's Tomb (The fourth)
- Tommy and Laura in Twilight with the Elder Gods (The fifth, presumably last)
- The Wicked Valentine (short story in the Tommy and Laura universe)
Tommy is a African-American male who is friends with Laura. He tends to be one to think things out, maybe too much. Initially he is against killing monsters but after fighting the vampires in the head he is less opposed to the idea. His father is mentioned to be a priest, a fact that Tommy doesn't seem to be too excited about. Both Laura and Tommy seem to have a supernatural ability to fight that was unlocked during the first story.
Laura is a British blonde girl who is friends with Tommy. She is more brash and violent, possibly too much. Initially she is very excited over the idea of killing monsters but over the course of the series she softens up about it, often finding non-violent ways to deal with the monsters. Laura is revealed to be bisexual during the first story and at the end of the first story is dating a vampire named Andrée. Both Laura and Tommy seem to have a supernatural ability to fight that was unlocked during the first story.
Michael is a former monster hunter that eventually became a janitor due to the lack of monsters and his partner's death. He has a scar over his neck and utterly abhors the monsters. He is African-American just like Tommy and his partner is said to be said to be incredibly similar to Laura. He gives Tommy and Laura their weapons and often helps them out. In the post credits scene of the first story, he is seen talking to a mysterious monster about Tommy and Laura, which hints that he may not be all that he seems.
Jess is only mentioned in the first book and was the victim of a vampire named Coach Feratu, who bit her on the neck. She is said to be better by the end of the first story.
The girl vampire that greeted Tommy and Laura at the door of the Vampire Castle and eventually turned against them at Dracula's will. During a brief fight with Laura, they both found themselves in the ballroom of the castle, where they seemingly made up their differences and apparently even fell in love. At the end of the first book, Andrée is seen attending the highschool, having nowhere else to go. She is currently dating Laura as of the first book.
The antagonist of the first book up until they head to Vampire Castle. He is a clumsy vampire who was apparently sent by Dracula for an undercover mission, which he utterly blew. Laura attempts to kill him but misses his heart. He is later seen in Tommy's car's trunk and presumably stayed there until some unknown time where he escaped/died.
- Tommy and Laura follow a naming scheme of "Tommy and Laura in", usually followed by a location of the monsters they will be fighting for that story with some variation of "night".
- A figure that matches Unten's description is mentioned in the first story when Tommy and Laura go to kill Coach Feratu.