Jouster is the playable character of the game Joust released in 1982. It is a platform game that features two-dimensional (2D) graphics. The player uses a button and joystick to control a knight riding a flying ostrich. The object is to progress through levels by defeating groups of enemy knights riding buzzards.
Jouster is based off the playable character seen in that game, along with other Atari characters such as Centipede and Galaxian.
- Standard Special: Joust - Lunges the joust forward.
- Side Special: Centipede - Summons centipede, which begins moving down. Other opponents can defeat the centipede but create tough mushrooms that can block them.
- Up Special: Galaxian Wings - Summons a Galaxian Spaceship to launch Jouster up.
- Down Special: Breakout - Creates a shield of Breakout Blocks that must be taken out one block at a time. This move can't be spammed but it reflects projectile and has to be broken in three hits.
- Super Move: Phoenix - Summons a bunch of alien birds which shoot projectiles down and are hard to hit. After this goes on for a while, the mothership is summoned and unleashes a huge laser.